Share the love on your special day with a wedding cake by Linda Lee of Kiss My Cookies. When you order one of my cakes, rest assured that everything will be made to order; I never use mixes and your cake will never be frozen. After all, your wedding cake deserves the love and attention worthy of such an important occasion.
Deciding upon a particular style for your cake is never an easy task as the options are limitless. My role in the creative process is to ultimately design a cake that reflects your personal style. Considerations include the type of cake, filling, number of tiers, decor, etc. A variety of cake shapes can be used in your design such as round, square, or oval as well as sizes from 6 inches to 16 inches in diameter. And your choice is not limited to traditional tiered cakes. For example, I can create a miniature wedding cake for each banquet table that your guests will admire and enjoy. Dainty cupcakes displayed on elegant tiered dessert stands make a lovely presentation. Or you could arrange for each guest to feast on a beautifully plated piece of wedding cake for dessert.
Customized Elegance: Cake Flavors, Fillings & Icings
Choose from an array of scrumptious cake, filling and icing options for the centerpiece of the reception, your wedding cake. My cakes are created in the European "torte" style with 3 layers of cake and 2 layers of filling. Weddings of 20 to 70 guests are 2-tiered cakes and receptions of 75 or more guests start with 3 tiers. Feel free to mix and match cake flavors, fillings and icings to create the cake of your dreams.
Deluxe Cake Flavors -- Price: $3.50/serving
Extra moist vanilla
Rich chocolate fudge
Ultimate Cake Flavors -- Price: $4.00/serving
Fresh banana walnut
Apple pecan spice
Killer carrot cake
Bride's Favorite Buttercream -- light & fluffy
Oreo cookies 'n cream
Bride's Favorite Buttercream
Rolled Fondant -- $5.00/serving
Sugar dough that gives the cake a flawless, smooth finish
|Sizes to Suit You
(based on 1'' x 2" slices)
6" - 8 servings
8" - 15 servings
9" - 22 servings
10" - 30 servings
12" - 45 servings
14" - 65 servings
16" - 90 servings
Sheet Cakes (2-layer)
Quarter sheet (serves 35)
Half sheet (serves 70)
6" - 12 servings
8" - 24 servings
9" - 27 servings
10" - 40 servings
12" - 60 servings
14" - 84 servings
5" x 7" - 10 servings
7" x 10"- 25 servings
9" x 13" - 40 servings
12" x 16" - 65 servings
• Tiered and stacked wedding cakes iced with buttercream start at $3.50 per serving. Fondant covered cakes start at $5.00 per serving. (To give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for a wedding cake, a 3-tiered cake for 105 people with buttercream icing decorated with fresh flowers and ribbon is approximately $400, including local delivery.)
• Half sheet cakes are $80.00. Quarter sheet cakes are $50.00. Sheet cakes are available with the purchase of a wedding cake.
• Dummy cakes for presentation purposes are priced the same as a real wedding cake since the time involved in creating them is usually the same.
• A nonrefundable deposit of $100 is due when your order is placed. Remainder is due two weeks before your wedding.
• A deposit of $75.00 is required on cake stand rentals for tiered cakes. Deposit will be refunded upon return of cake stand in original condition.
• There is an additional charge for cake toppers and fresh flowers, as well as for designs created in royal icing, fondant, gum paste, or marzipan as these are labor-intensive. Of course, you are free to provide your own cake topper.
• The top tier of the wedding cake will be factored into the total number of servings. I am not a fan of the tradition of eating year-old cake from the freezer on your first anniversary. Therefore, all wedding cake orders include a complimentary 6" version in the same flavor combination as your original cake to enjoy on your anniversary.
• Delivery fee within a 30 mile radius is $1.00/mile. Setup up at reception site is free. For your convenience, we accept Visa and Mastercard.
How to Order
Select two of your favorite cake and filling combinations and call me at 617.595.0907 to schedule a tasting and consultation. You may bring a guest to the consultation, which will take one hour. A minimum of two months' notice is recommended for wedding cake orders. If you have a particular design in mind, please bring those ideas along with pictures of cakes that you like. Once I've ascertained the style you desire for your wedding cake, you will receive a proposal. And if you hire me to create your special cake, rest assured that it will be remembered long after the last crumb has been savored.
I hope this information has been helpful. If you have any questions, please call me and I will be happy to assist you.
©2005-2006 Kiss My Cookies. All rights reserved. Designed by Stello D'Anna.